Author: Kaz Kylheku
To: TXR Users
Subject: Version 139 is out.

Hi all,

TXR 139 is out.  Binaries at Bintray, as usual.

The focus has been fixing bugs and making some incremental improvements in existing features.

The read-until-match function, and "record streams"  based on it, were found to be horribly broken; I fixed that.  Records streams are useful because they change the behavior of get-line to read records delimited by an arbitrary regular expression, rather than newlines.  I made a small extension here also: you can now choose whether the records include the delimiter or exclude it.

The other big deal in this release is that I'm making TXR Lisp global variables visible in the TXR language (so that the @ prefix isn't required).  This is disabled if you use the -C compatibility option with 138 or less.   Details are in the documentation.

Cheers ...